Thursday, July 16, 2020

Paradise (PC) Walkthrough

Paradise. 

The game that I was so afraid of because, if you've played previous games by this company you KNOW that anything made by Pil/Slash is never good for your brain health so I put this off until.... this year.

This is proof that I survived Paradise. Let's begin. 

Also, I livetweet this game at #chem_paradies so if you're curious how my breakdown went on you can go ahead and read it lol

title screen black

Table of Content
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE, WHEN AND AFTER PLAYING THIS GAME

-STORYLINE-
With an uncommon good fortune, Azuma wins himself a trip to an island from a lottery drawing. He's looking forward to this trip to have a getaway from his boring life when suddenly the quick island trip turns into the worse nightmare he could ever imagine. Can he escape from the nightmare with the alliance forged from the other unfortunate participants or will he succumb to the madness he was destined to face?

-BEFORE-
You are playing as Azuma (voiced by Kitayama Kyousuke), works part-time at a convenience store. You will be playing a total of 14 endings; 1 common bad end, 5 ends for Mitsugi, 5 ends for Matsuda and 3 ends for Takara.

Suggested playing order is Mitsugi --> Matsuda --> Takara.

-WHEN-
Save during choices. Have a voice save. You can change the choice icon if you want to. The characters will greet you at the menu AND it changes according to log in time so have fun with that as well. There's a CG progress completion at the Extra menu. Last CG will unlock after 100% completing the gallery.

-AFTER-
There are two types of endings; happy end looks like this:

title screen white

Very beautiful!! And bad end looks like this:

screen title with smoke particles

IT'S VERY DREADINGLY HORRIBLE.

Also supporting characters that are great at supporting!:

Hongou: voiced by seiyuu under pseudonym of 紫乃森響 Shinomori Hibiki 
Shimada: Okazaki Masahiro
Kido: voiced by seiyuu under pseudonym of  六本木天人  Roppongi Tenjin 
Uchimura: Gotou Keisuke
Blonde guy: voiced by seiyuu under pseudonym of  誼小生  Yoshimi Shousei
Glasses guy: Sada Naohiro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Common bad end 

This ending can be obtained when you make random choices in the early part of the game:

Last (go to the front deck), middle (go to the beach), last (running around at the mountain), first (prepare tableware), middle (make a drinking water), last (call the sports guy), last (do whichever)
Common Bad end – plan didn’t work out, no food to gather, the boat built was destroyed, everyone dies of starvation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitsugi (voiced by Sasanuma Akira)

azuma and mitsugi choice
There's no common ground with this guy, and if we start talking to each other, we'll just start to fight.
An engineer who was asked to visit the island to see the infrastructure. A bastard with a heart of gold. No really I LOVE HIM GHUAAAAA--- Have 5 endings; 4 bad ends and 1 happy end.

Do this and you'll get:

Middle (stay here), first (curious about the ruins), middle (tokugawa treasure hunt), first (prepare tableware), middle (make a drinking water), middle (call mitsugi), middle (boat making), second (follow mitsugi’s word obediently), second (happy as long as we’d get along), fourth (obey obediently), fourth (mitsugi’s not suspicious), first (I don’t believe all of this)
Mitsugi Bad end – didn’t believe any of the story told by kido, someone killed azuma by an axe

Middle (stay here), first (curious about the ruins), middle (tokugawa treasure hunt), first (prepare tableware), middle (make a drinking water), middle (call mitsugi), middle (boat making), first (hongou-san’s room is better), first (better act friendly in front of others), first (rejects it), second (I don’t want to doubt), second (hongou-san seems different)
Mitsugi bad end – believe in hongou-san, gets blackmailed to please the “upper people”

Middle (stay here), first (curious about the ruins), middle (tokugawa treasure hunt), first (prepare tableware), middle (make a drinking water), middle (call mitsugi), middle (boat making), fourth (complain to mitsugi), fourth (I don’t want to get involved in this), third (to flare up at mitsugi), third (it’s hard to think), third (there’s no point in arguing)
Mitsugi bad end – push everyone away, hongou-san dies, everyone disappears, mitsugi got killed and azuma was left alone…

Middle (stay here), first (curious about the ruins), middle (tokugawa treasure hunt), first (prepare tableware), middle (make a drinking water), middle (call mitsugi), middle (boat making), third (whatever), third (whatever), first (rejects it), first (seems fishy), first (I don’t trust everyone) 
Mitsugi bad end – don’t trust anyone, azuma becomes crazy and eliminates the rest of the islanders except mitsugi, commits suicide

Middle (stay here), first (curious about the ruins), middle (tokugawa treasure hunt), first (prepare tableware), middle (make a drinking water), middle (call mitsugi), middle (boat making), second (follow mitsugi’s word obediently), second (happy as long as we’d get along), fourth (obey obediently), fourth (mitsugi’s not suspicious), fourth (I don’t want to doubt anyone)
Mitsugi happy end – escape the burning forest, got rescued by the helicopter, promise to be together with mitsugi
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matsuda (voiced by Furukawa Makoto)

azuma and matsuda choice
This guy is actually a fucking stupid!?
A salaryman who went on the island trip to fish. He's a good guy buT HE'S A BASTARD IN HIS ROUTE I CANNOT ACCEPT THIS FUUUU--- Have 5 endings; 4 bad ends and 1 happy end.

Do this and you'll get:

First (go to the back deck), middle (go to the beach), first (go clam hunting), middle (making curry), last (go fishing), first (call matsuda), first (food supply), second (it felt good), second (hesitate), fourth (don’t know what to do), second (taking care of shimada-san), second (I’m more worried about shimada-san’s injury)
Matsuda Bad end – Uchimura stabbed azuma to death

First (go to the back deck), middle (go to the beach), first (go clam hunting), middle (making curry), last (go fishing), first (call matsuda), first (food supply), third (not say anything), third (ignore), third (call someone), second (taking care of shimada-san), second (I’m more worried about shimada-san’s injury)
Matsuda bad end – trust in shimada, becomes his subject for the rest of his life

First (go to the back deck), middle (go to the beach), first (go clam hunting), middle (making curry), last (go fishing), first (call matsuda), first (food supply), first (complains), first (refuse), first (joins), fourth (ask everyone), third (I just want to go to my room)
Matsuda bad end – matsuda went crazy and kills everyone, finally azuma kills matsuda

First (go to the back deck), middle (go to the beach), first (go clam hunting), middle (making curry), last (go fishing), first (call matsuda), first (food supply), fourth (middle finger), third (ignore), second (wait and see), first (just leave him alone), first (lie about the conversation), third (not say anything), first (refuse), third (call someone), fourth (ask everyone), first (fake a lengthy discussion)
Matsuda bad end – the gang decided to boycott matsuda but things get ugly fast, matsuda kills azuma accidentally

First (go to the back deck), middle (go to the beach), first (go clam hunting), middle (making curry), last (go fishing), first (call matsuda), first (food supply), second (it felt good), fourth (hold onto something), third (call someone), third (chase him), fourth (be honest about failed negotiation)
Matsuda happy end – no bloodshed happens, left the island together with matsuda
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Takara (voiced by Nogami Shou)

azuma and takara choice
"People's appearance can be deceiving."
A regular boy who joins the trip because he wins the lottery ticket as well. UNLOCKS after obtaining a happy end for Mitsugi and Matsuda. Have 3 endings; 2 bad ends and 1 happy ending. 

Once you obtained the happy end for Mitsugi and Matsuda, go and replay from the beginning to unlock a new choice like below:-

choice boat

Now you choose the fourth option to play Takara route! For the next choices, there are also new choices that will appear afterward so keep on choosing the new options to get on his route. Prepare to be mindblown!!

Do this and you'll get:

Fourth (look around the ship), fourth (take a walk and explore), fourth (play in the square), fourth (rice polishing), fourth (search for river), fourth (just call anyone), fourth (I want a different kind of job), down (told him no), last (fear makes me mute)
Takara bad end – azuma did self-defense move to takara, continue living 

Fourth (look around the ship), fourth (take a walk and explore), fourth (play in the square), fourth (rice polishing), fourth (search for river), fourth (just call anyone), fourth (I want a different kind of job), down (told him no), middle (don’t think it’s impossible)
Takara bad end – denying the existence of people like takara, takara kills azuma

Fourth (look around the ship), fourth (take a walk and explore), fourth (play in the square), fourth (rice polishing), fourth (search for river), fourth (just call anyone), fourth (I want a different kind of job), down (told him no), first (tell takara to stop)
Takara happy end – discovers the truth, azuma runs away to overseas with takara, matsuda and mitsugi
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots of Glory!!

azuma hongou boat
"Hahaha, don't make such regretful face like that. Isn't it wonderful to have a carefree trip with only men?"
That is so ominous and I do not like it at all. 

azuma shimada boat
"Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's stressful. That's the thing that happens when you turn your hobby into your career."
Shimada you just crushed my hope thanks a lot bro.

forest two person
"This lacks.... you know? The fresh adventurous vibe, the stimulating thrills! That kind of dangerous feeling?"
Ask and you shall receive.

sea view alone
There's no worries or labor and it's full of kind people, this is a paradise-like island. 
I just wish you swim back to the mainland Azuma ;^;

two person at square
"Even that bucket looks delicious..."
Go ahead and eat it, it's full of IRON for your body 😬😬😬

two person argue
I do want to join the boat making group, but working with this blonde fucker will cost me my mental health.
DON'T DO HIM DIRTY LIKE THAT LMAOO

azuma blush
My chest trembles and feels strange.
Ohohohohoho....... OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOO

hongou at cabin
"Amazing Hongou-san.... You're my only ally."
Azuma.... Azuma..... Azuma...........

azumitsugi at cabin night
This guy is scared of a centipede, but he does not hesitate to touch my dick. 
Those two are a different category??? One might kill you and one gives you uhm pleasure???

kido in cabin night
"If you think it carefully, you can get the picture. This whole trip is actually a clever trap!"
A wise man... 

azumitsugi alone in the woods
Mitsugi shrugs off his shoulder, but I think he's happy in his heart.
MY OTP IS SMILING AHKHAKDJSKASDKL

with mitsugi alone
Well. I got an erection after killing a man, isn't that weird? Acting like a psychopath.
You are a bit demented in this end so... yay?

in the abandoned house
Mitsugi is actually a kind person. I just pretend to not see that.
HE IS THE KINDEST PERSON ON THE ISLAND HE IS ANGEL OOOOAAAAAAAAAA--

azuma and matsuda at beach
"Have more fun at the outdoor!!"
Oh, you're that kind of a person huh...

azuma takara square dawn
"That's the spirit, Azuma! This is an inhabitant island after all! To hell with rationing! If you give up then it's over!"
Oy oy you guys are too positive about this;;

matsuda evil
Die. Just die already. Me. Matsuda. Everyone. 
Azumaaaaa don't give up yet sobs

matsuda azuma bunker
Because this place is not a paradise.
Sobs Azumaaaaaa T_T

play three people
"If you're already playing it seriously and still lost then either you're bad at this or you're having the worst luck."
Believe me, Azuma is having THE ABSOLUTE WORST YEAR OF HIS LIFE.

TAKARA SMILING CLOSE UP
"So this is Azuma's own smell? Ahahaha I get it, I get it!"
🚨🚨🚨 RED ALERT 🚨🚨🚨 WHERE'S THE ESCAPE POD

takarazuma abandoned house
He looks like a lost puppy.
A puppy tHAT COULD EAT YOUR FACE IN A SPLIT SECOND

matsudazuma square
"Ahahaha, I'm not doubting you. Even with a short time knowing you, I have a feeling that you're not really a clever guy."
OOF THAT'S GOTTA HURT 

takara happy night
"I've always wanted to play with Azuma. And now I'm satisfied."
KLSLDADJASDAD CAN'T BE USED AS AN EXCUSE

three people regroup
"We've bonded by going through a lot of hardships together here. We should keep in touch at the mainland."
Yeah no shit! No one will understand you guys. It's a lot of shits and fuckery going on even a therapy session won't cure you guys;;

congratulations

🎉🎉 CONGRATULATIONS!!  🎉🎉
YOU'VE SURVIVED THE GAME
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discussion Session

By the end of the game, we all know that the reason why Takara kind of lure them into the island. 

So that got me thinking; Takara clan kind of controls everything from the beginning? I mean Azuma won't go to the island if he didn't get the lottery ticket from the butcher. Soooo the butcher shop, the convenience store that Azuma works part-time at, the travel agency, even the rescue team are all on Takara's side?? Because by the end of Takara route we know that those parties closed down their place or disappear somewhere else??

That's one really powerful clan right there. Don't mess with the likes of them no way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

paradise is here

I actually love this game! I recommend this game if you want to experience something weird. The horror factor is not strong but I do cry at some of the moments, those are a bit intense for me hahaha 😅😅 Can't wait to play the fandisks after this!

See you in the next walkthrough~!

32 comments:

  1. Thank you for this walkthrough!! Such details and I adore you twits :). I think I am going to play Matsuda's rute just for completion, cuz I played the fandisks before the game (shame on me those arrived first) and I think Masda triggers me too much.
    Azuma deserves Mitsugi, or Honey as my vnr so accurately translated comma space and POINT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! My friend said that Matsuda in the fandisks kind likeable so I don't know how you will feel about him in the main game :(( he's such a fecking shit stain hfjkd

      Azuma X Honeysuckle MY MAIN OTP 😤✊✊✊

      Delete
    2. Hmm, maybe I was too harsh. I just went "Nope, I am outa here. There's no amount of low voices and daddy vibes that will convince me to to go through this shit" and I ignored him in Musubi and Kiwame. I will try to go look at it again, sadly I cannot see his pov scenes yet.

      Delete
    3. Mad respect for you, don't force yourself to play a route that you don't enjoy. Unless you're completionist like me, doomed forever hahaha

      I'm excited to see Mitsugi in Musubi (ponytail!!!!!? LOVE)

      Delete
    4. I am doing it for the completionist fantasy, besides I want the full experience and I can replay Honey's route if it is too much for my heart.
      I can promise you that Mitsugi's playthrough will be a treat! He fulfills all my tsundere yankee dreams, and those of Azuma's too.

      Delete
    5. Playing his route will definitely cure anyone's heart ^^

      Tsundere yankee dream hjkks that's the phrase I'm looking for lmaooo why is he so uselessly perfect sigh

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this walkthrough!! I really love this trashy game, so I was super pumped to see this.

    I was actually kinda scared to play Mitsugi's route at first cuz I played this after Pigeon Blood and that game had me thinking the blue eyed blond was gonna be the worst dude, but Mitsugi ended up being the best boi, lmao. And I'll always be mad about Matsuda's route, it started out so good then took a complete 180 into awful asshole territory and ughhh

    Also, I wanted to say thank you for your blog. I found it a few years ago (before Paradise came out), and it's introduced me to so many BL VNs (I used to only know about Nitro+ChiRAL, lmao), so many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was soooo scared about this game but I'm glad that I played it ^^

      Oh boy Pigeon Blood... I hate Mimasaka to the point of seeing him I got sick to my stomach lol I was afraid of Mitsugi too but my friend assured me that his route is the best so I trust him and BOY THAT IS TRUE. MITSUGI BEST BOIIII I LOVE HIM. Can't wait to play the fandisk (ponytail Mitsugi??? YES???)

      Hahah wow thank YOU for keeping up with my bullshit rambles lmao glad that I open you up to try other BLVNs :D I achieved my goal

      Delete
  3. This is a game that I will definitely play!
    Thank you very much for the guide.
    You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sooo afraid with this game early on hahahah go play and enjoy it! There're two fandisks that follows the main game so definitely go check it out if you're interested!

      Delete
  4. Chem I wanted to ask you! Is there any GOOD BLVN in English to play nowadays? I've played Togainu no Chi, Lamento, Sweet Pool, Dmmd... Every Nitro + Chiral VN but I can't find more to satisfy my fujoshi needs, plz help ;w;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! So far the translated games are NO THANK YOU!!, Room No. 9, and Hashihime! These are all good and I recommend you to try it :D

      Delete
  5. You will probably be happy to know that Matsuda gets his redemption route in Kiwame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Kiwame a fandisc game version or a sequel to this game?

      Delete
    2. It's an alternate route of the game, or a remake of the different routes i guess you could say in a more simple way. Musubi is the fan disk/sequel to the original version.

      Delete
    3. Waittt, so it’s like a repetition of paradise?? Do they add more stuff to the main story??

      Delete
    4. Not particularly a repetition.. Its a what if they get rescued earlier instead of them staying stuck on the island. But yeah Azuma has to get together with them over again.

      Delete
    5. Yeah my friend told me about Matsuda in Kiwame so I'm excited to see his sorry ass treating Azuma better than what he does in Paradise 😠

      Delete
    6. Question: how much better does Kiwame does it and does it basically just portray his character as more consistent? Or does it redeem his bad actions? Also, what does it have to do with Musabi?

      Delete
    7. Its an alternative version of the original game.
      Matsuda is still bit of a sadist, but he doesn't rape Azuma in Kiwame, and their relationship is far more healthy. Kiwame's plot is different, in that they get off the island quicker, telling more about it would be a spoiler. Musabi and Kiwame is not directly related to each other, so you don't have to play Musabi to understand what happens in Kiwame.

      Delete
  6. I just started translating this game via VNR online translations and have gotten through translating most of the opening of the game and at least the first two choices for Mitsugi and Matsuda. I can't wait to finish both routes and then enjoy a full read through of the game as I dive into Takara's route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy are you translating the game?? :o That's so cool of you!! Takara gives me a lot of trust issues lol I hope you enjoy the game!!

      Delete
    2. Originally I was! And sorry for not replying sooner I didn't know how to make an account and then forgot about it at the time🙈. But yeah! I was, but I had managed to finish all of Mitsugi's Good end english translations, and then almost all of Matsuda's "good end😒" translations before my laptop died permanently 🥲.

      Unfortunately (or fortunately because I badly needed a new one🤣) I had to get a new. But, when I went back to re-download my translator, the download contained ad malware. So sadly, I couldn't continue translations with it and decided not to start over, because that would take forever 🤣🙈.

      (Btw, I did end up finishing the game tho using a new translator! Lmao, this game was soooo long and intense that I'm just proud that I even managed to finish it🤣)

      Delete
  7. This was interesting wk im so glad i found this blog, your comments are really funny i had lots of fun reading through this post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm very happy to hear that!! <3

      Delete
  8. 私も最近このゲームしました。😊
    プレイしたばかりに、他の人たちが感想でまともなのはミツギだけ、ミツギは癒し系とか書いてたから他の攻略キャラクターはどんだけヤバいのかなと思いました。
    ミツギはさすがに良いやつでしたね^^
    ツンデレなだけでアヅマのことちゃんと考えてくれてて、キュンとしましたよ。
    マツダは…😭😭 私の好きな声優さんが演じたキャラだったから全部プレイはしたんですけど、結構しんどかったです。
    外見と声はすごく良いんだけど~普通に頼りになるお兄さん系ってだけじゃなかったですね。一番目のパラダイスではかなりクズですが、AUの極めでは結構良いお兄さんキャラに描かれてましたから、完全に嫌いにはなれまあえんでした。😅 好きな声優さんの演技がうまかったのもあります。
    よろしければ、またパラダイスの感想読みたいです。ありがとうございました

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. こんにちは!いやーマツダはとっても難しいでしたT_Tミツギは天使だ!T_T
      私はまだパラダイスAUをプレイしてしませんがマツダは優しくしましたと仲間を言われています。安心ですww
      私はネトルさんの声は本当に好き!!!お声優さんたちはすごいよね^^

      Delete
  9. Ohhh man I've played this before but just reading your reviews makes me want to replay them again. That's how much I love paradise altho it messed up my mental health but that's beside the point, o would really love for you to play dystopia no OU, i really want to hear your thoughts about the game, of course it's your decision if you want to play it or not :b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sameee lol, I already played it and it’s one of my favorite visual novels, sometimes I replay some scenes because I love this game so much.

      Delete
    2. Saame! I really did end up liking it despite how dark it got at times🤣🙈. The story was like watching a thriller film. It kept us in the dark enough, that you keep wanting to know more about why this was happening to them😫!!

      Delete
  10. Really late to the party but omg Matsuda was so shocking, you were right. I don't understand why he was written to be so 0 to 100. Early on he was funny (the sand castle scene was iconic and horrible) and sweet, and weirdly enough when he goes creep-bastard-mode it just feels awkward as if the writer had a quota of torture to meet.
    As someone who's normally into freaky stuff in yaoi games I felt weird about this route and I'm still not fully sure why.

    Also Mitsugi was a lot more fun than he had any right to be as a pompous blond. >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like Matsuda was meant to lower our guards and make us think "he seems great, why does everyone dislike him?😵‍💫💀"😅 until it gets worse and then we're completely unprepared for the level of hell they want to put us through in his torturous route, and then with Takara🥲. Like Damn, Matsuda was just...TOO MUCH😭😭😭😭. I feel so tricked!!!😫😫😫.

      But over all, I still found the story really good and it certainly kept me on the edge wanting to know more😅🤣💀🙈. I purchased Musubi from abroad via the JP Amazon store and even Kiwame, because I liked the story enough to want to know more and see their after stories and how the alternate version of Paradise goes🤣💀🙈. Hopefully not as hellish.

      Delete